Tuesday, February 25, 1992

After I Make A Cake, All Eyes on Me

Oh no! I live in fear because my helping and making a cake haz made me blamed for the fits.  They call it counter majik.  They think I am conspiring with the Devil. I don’t do such a thing.  I just know how to make a cake because my Mistress in my own country did those things.  I think there’s a rumor that they will arrest me, I sure hope that I am not punished too hard.  My job gives me enough punishment… I love Reverend Parris very much, but he is so harsh.  I think my dark skin maybe makes me different to him.  He shouldn’t blame me, but I fear he will.  The girls too...they were not raised here like girls in my country were raised.  Always they worry, never they’re happy.  

6 comments:

  1. 1 John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
    G.B. ✞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have asked for forgiveness my entire life, and have had nothing in return!

      Delete
  2. Luve ye old english spekin skils. Thank you fur helpin me, Tituba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not trust these "girls" that you speak of. The way that they accuse and watch their neighbors hang while feeling no remorse makes me question their relationship with God. Maybe they are the ones that we need to be watching out for...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gal 5:22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness...
    -G.B. ✝

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because of your actions Tituba, you deserve this! Your cake was cursed, and you know it. There is no excuse for what you have done. May you burn in hell!

    ReplyDelete